RADIATION PORTAL MONITOR GAMMA-MED is mainly dedicated for patient movement control, which got the radio pharmaceutical during the therapy. Besides it, the system allow for the detection of radioactive materials which could be carried out from the site.
Monitor is equipped with the scintillation probe which measures gamma radiation, data processing block and control unit (PC).
Dedicated software application allow for adjustment of alarm thresholds. These levels excess is triggering the optical-acoustic signalization. It is possible to adjust device sensitivity by the appropriate selection of detector dimensions (scintillator).
Monitors are mounted in the enclosures, which can be adjusted to the interior design of the site, where they will be ultimately installed.The solution is modular, so it is possible to meet the individual requirements of the user.
Scintillation signalisator is the core element of the system. The type of scintillator is choosen according to the application:
- CsI(Tl),- NaI(Tl),- plastic.
Moreover, the device consists of:
- detector controller,- detector power supply block,- data block,- relay output/input.
It is possible to steer or stop the choosen device using the alarm signal (i.e.: conveyor, door, acoustic-optic signalisator).
In case of normal work mode return one should send the cancelling alarm signal from PLC controller.
The detector is equipped with Safety Alarm threshold to alert user when immediately dangerous for life radiation level is reached. When this threshold is exceeded, the instrument will produce easily distinguishable periodic audio and/or visual alarm with one second interval.
Alarm levels in the Search Mode are derived from the ambient background. When the instrument runs through background calibration, it acquires a background reading and calculates the alarm levels automatically based on the value of n coefficient set by the user. In case of radioactive material detection it is suggested to use additional hand-held indicator to localize the radioactive source or contaminated material (RADIATION INDICATOR).
- gamma detectors made of organic plastic scintillator allows for detection of gamma and radiation low levels (LLR)
- automatic control during the crossing or passage the conrolled area without any difficulties
- audible and light alarms
- optional lead shielding on the rear and sides of the gamma detectors in order to reduce the background radiation and increase the ability to detect radioactive materials passing through the portal
- 24 /7 continuous work
- ready to work within 1 minute (from activation)